January 14, 2007

The Very Best Music of 2006: #4

#4
Gomez - How We Operate

Back in July I said this was the best album I’ve heard in 2006. I’m not sad that didn’t turn out to be the case. At that moment in time it was easily my favorite album of ’06. ‘How We Operate’ has been the happiest cd I have purchased all year. With the exception of the semi-dramatic opener “Notice”, this album doesn’t let up its feel good spirit at all. It’s as if the band got their gloomy track out of the way to open the doors for non-stop enjoyment. You will find yourself smiling and singing the whole way through it. I still have not gone out and gotten any of the bands previous efforts, but that is not to say I don’t plan on it in the future. And with a concert coming up in February, you can certainly bet I will be finding out whether or not this band has been a solid act for years or has just finally broke out with a great album. Either way, Gomez should be very proud of this finished product. For more details you can check out the review I wrote in July. Then after that I strongly suggest this album to everyone. ‘How We Operate’ just might make your day…or year.

No comments: